This section provides information on both current and past Water New Zealand awards. The governance of the various awards is described, along with their history, current sponsorship arrangements, criteria, past recipients and nomination processes and forms.
Run annually, the Water New Zealand awards programme is aimed at achieving the following goals:
- to showcase and celebrate the outstanding work done by individuals and organisations in the water sector;
- to promote water services as a career at technical, scientific and business levels;
- to raise public awareness of the value of high standards of practice in the water industry;
- to raise the standing of water practitioners within the community; and
- to encourage and promote sustainable management and development of the water environment.
Association awards are presented at the Annual Conference and Expo.
For information on the awards to be presented at the next Water New Zealand Annual Conference and Expo visit www.waternzconference.org.nz
See below for a list of the past and present awards.
Past and Present Water New Zealand Awards
- Water New Zealand Awards Committee
Innovation and Excellence Awards
- Ronald Hicks Memorial Award
- Opus Trainee of the Year (nomination required)
- CH2M Beca Young Water Professional of the Year (nomination required)
- Hynds Paper of the Year Award
- ProjectMax Young Author of the Year
- Poster of the Year
- IXOM Operations Prize
- Best Exhibition Stand
- Veolia Health and Safety Innovation Award
- YWP Conference Attendance Award
- Mott MacDonald Project Award