Products suitable and to be avoided when using a Septic tank or AWTS system.
Plant Based Cleaners are great as they are Phosphate,Chlorine and Ammonia free here are some of the brands available in New Zealand.
- Biozyme Cleaner
Avoidable products from being discharged into a Septic System
- Antibiotics , Anti Depressants and Blood Pressure Medication being flushed .
- Bubble Bath
- Coffee Grinds
- Diesel and Petrol
- Dog and Cat Flea and Tick Wash
- Exit Mould
- Finish Dish Washer Powder or Tablets
- Excess milk
- Paint Oil ,Water and even kids paint
- Handy Andy
- Harpic Toilet Cleaners
- Shower and Glass Cleaning products
- Campervan and Caravan Toilet tablets
- Excessive Salt
- Left over Spa and Swimming pool tablets
Most Product's that have a Poison Helpline on the back of the product is a clear indication that they are not septic safe.
Please note this list is not intended to promote or discredit any company or product, but to provide aid in keeping your septic tank or treatment plant alive and operating cost's down.