Modelling Symposium 2022
Call for abstracts
The Water New Zealand Modelling Group’s annual symposium will be held at Rydges Wellington, 75 Featherston Street, Wellington on 16-17 March 2022.
This year the Modelling Group will be celebrating 22 years of being in existence and the committee will be pulling together a diverse programme that covers the last 22 years as well as the future needs of modelling in the New Zealand water industry.
Don’t miss the opportunity to share your insights, projects and learnings at Water New Zealand’s Modelling Symposium.
You are encouraged to address a theme in your presentation:
- Modelling for an uncertain future
- Modelling to support outcomes
- Beyond Three Waters (other water modelling e.g. coastal, groundwater)
- Climate change and extreme events (flooding, droughts)
- Resilience and Water Security
- Live and operational modelling
*Each year we receive some submissions that don’t quite fit under any of the Themes, which is why we’ve come up with a Wildcard category. It’s submissions like these that remind us of the need to think outside the box to solve our water challenges.
Key dates for Abstracts:
- Call for abstracts close: 4 pm, Monday, 31 January 2022
- Abstracts reviewed: 1st February – 8th February 2022
- Authors notified: Wednesday 9th February 2022
- Draft Programme on the website: Friday 11th February 2022
- Speakers Bio’s: Friday 25th February 2022
- Presentations due: Monday 28th February 2022
- Final Programme confirmed: 1st March 2022
The selection of abstracts to be presented will be determined by an abstract peer review process guided by the Technical Committee.
Scoring will be based on:
- Applicability to modelling
- Demonstrated results and conclusions
- Relevance to the current state of the industry
- Content, including innovation
- Clarity and quality
Submit an Abstract
- Abstracts submitted must be between 300 – 500 words and then prepare a 30-minute presentation for the day, which will also include question and answer time. How you wish to use these 30 minutes, is up to the presenter. There is no need to prepare a paper.
- Please submit your abstract on the attached template.
- Call for Abstracts closes 4pm, Monday 31st January 2022
- If accepted into the programme, presenters will need to register for the symposium.
Water New Zealand Presentation Guide
Welcome to our resources on how to write a brilliant abstract and a great paper, and how to present them at our conferences to showcase your work.
Here are some videos and printouts that will help you.