The Water New Zealand Backflow Group will be holding their biennial conference in Lower Hutt 5-6 August 2021. The conference will feature an exhibition area where exhibitors can interact with conference delegates.
The conference will attract around 60 delegates with a variety of interests in Backflow issues, with representation from water supply managers, building compliance officials, manufacturers, plumbers, and training providers.
We invite you to support this important part of the water sector through either an exhibition or sponsorship opportunity outlined below. Please complete the attached form indicating your interest. Opportunities will be allocated on a first-in basis.
This is still being developed but we are looking at:
Below is subject to change until all speakers are confirmed
- Irrigation and Chemcheck
- Joint Standards Updates
- What should a compliance officer look like
- What are the training challenges
- Backflow Testing Refresher
Water Services Bill and Backflow
- What are the changes to Backflow under the new Rules
- How will these be implemented
- How does this relate to G12/the Building Act
- Do you have that photo of the best and worst backflow installation, well forward this to Katrina Guy to be put up for the 2021 award.
As always events like this require sponsorship if you can help us make this event even better we have some deals for you.
Why become a sponsor?
- Showcase your latest innovation, products and services
- Increase awareness of your organisation's brand and reputation
- Raise your organisation's profile among delegates across all areas of backflow
- Demonstrate your organisation's contribution towards backflow
The attached form has the full details and application form but here is a quick breakdown:
- Freestanding banners $200 + gst
- Flyers $50 + gst
- Catering Breaks $350 +gst x 6 (3 per day)
- Welcome Function $2,000 + gst
- Conference Dinner $3,500 + gst
As with other years, there will be a place for you to have an exhibition stand. We have 10 on offer. Please complete the form attached and return to Katrina Guy. These are first in first served.
- Large x 10
- 3m x 3m (registration and welcome function included - not dinner ticket) $1100 + gst
Registration for the Backflow Conference 2021 is open. To register click on the green register button to the right of the screen. If you have questions, please contact Katrina Guy.
Registration will include access to the full programme throughout the two days, conference catering, welcome function and dinner.
Early Bird is up to 1 July 2021
- Members $500 + gst
- Non-Members $750 + gst
If you wish to take advantage of the member rate and are not currently a Water New Zealand member, please contact Pip Donnelly
There is no accommodation at the Events Centre currently. But there are many options, some are listed below.
- Boulcott Lodge - 1.6km from venue
- Angus Inn - 600m from venue
- Ava Lodge - 2.3km from venue