- Are you looking for a new opportunity in 2020 to make a real difference in your Community?
- Do you thrive on solving diverse and interesting wastewater challenges?
- Are you seeking a role where no two days are the same with a chance to work across a busy and growing region?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly motivated and friendly team. You will work alongside your team mates, engaging with other councils, government agencies and landowners to manage and monitor wastewater in our region. Working in our busy and growing region means you have the chance to work on diverse and interesting activities including:
- Working closely with 3-waters compliance officers to promote best practice across the region.
- Participating and actively contributing your knowledge and expertise to National and Regional working groups.
- Supporting our BOPRC teams to implement plan changes related to wastewater/OSET activities.
- Providing guidance and expertise to people applying for wastewater discharge Resource Consents.
- Raising public and industry awareness of council roles and responsibilities by providing specialist and up-to-date advice on on-site wastewater management.
Along with a passion for your work you will have;
- Specialist working knowledge of current on-site domestic wastewater management.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree, and potentially a post-graduate specialisation.
- Experience completing technical reviews of wastewater systems.
- Experience in supporting policy/planning to implement Regional or District Council plan development or changes.
- Ability to clearly present complex technical information and recommendations to a range of stakeholders, including council committees, regional and national government and industry forums.
- Experience supervising contractors and/or consultants.
As the Bay of Plenty Regional Council Toi Moana, our work guides and supports the region's sustainable development and is focused around four community outcomes: a healthy environment, freshwater for life, safe and resilient communities and a vibrant region.
You will be joining a passionate team who enjoy making a difference for their community and working to protect our environment in the Bay of Plenty. We have a strong ‘can do’ approach and we pride ourselves on collaborating with our colleagues and stakeholders throughout the region.
People like working for us because we offer the following:
- Excellent wellbeing initiatives (such as employer paid insurance).
- Extra paid leave over Christmas/New Year.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Challenge and job satisfaction.
The salary for this position ranges from $86,248 - $101,469 per annum.
How to Apply
If you are looking for an opportunity to use your skills and expertise to make a positive difference, we would love to hear from you. Please click APPLY NOW or you are welcome to contact Ryan Standen on 0800 884 881 x 8503 for a confidential discussion. You can also check out our careers website at https://www.boprc.govt.nz/your-council/contact-us/careers-with-us
To access a copy of the Job Description please click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser.http://www.bfound.net/Company/158-20190318090338.PDF
NB: To apply for this job, you must have the legal right to be able to work in New Zealand and also a current, valid driver’s licence. As this position is designated as being “safety sensitive”, the successful candidate will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol check as part of the recruitment.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 26 January 2020 and will only be accepted online.