Tauranga is New Zealand's fastest growing and fifth largest city. Managing this growth makes for a challenging and dynamic work environment. Tauranga City Council is focused on the City's future and responding to the changing needs of the community. We want to work with our community to successfully plan for and understand their needs and expectations.
We are on the hunt for a talented Asset Management Specialist: Mechanical and Electrical to join our Asset Planning and Information team on a permanent basis. This position plays a significant role within the team by providing technical expertise and engineering advice to a variety of stakeholders and by ensuring all the tools and processes are available to facilitate sound asset management analysis and decisions.
We are looking for an exceptional person to:
- Provide expert advice and support to Activity Managers on Mechanical and Electrical Assets
- Prepare and structure asset built information for capture in the asset information systems
- Undertake Asset Management Planning including renewal forecasting, development and optimisation of asset information and systems, with a focus on Water, Wastewater and Stormwater
- Review, update and improve mechanical and electrical assets sections in the Asset Management Plans
- Identify asset activity risks and risk mitigation measures in the management of infrastructure assets
- Investigate energy solutions and manage electricity shutdowns as Council's point of contact
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Engineering or Asset Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Infrastructure Asset Management including NAMS publications and training
- High level of comprehension of Mechanical and Electrical equipment asbuilt plans and systems
- Proven experience in producing high level reports in the areas of asset management, optimised decision making and risk analysis
- Established relationship building and customer focus, with sound organisational skills
- Current Full Drivers Licence
In addition, it would be advantageous if you have an Asset Management qualification with experience working in Local Government.
Applications close 31 May 2019.