- Are you analytical and do you have an eye for detail?
- Do you enjoy a mix of office and field work?
- Do you have experience in water quality and environmental systems?
Gisborne District Council has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Environmental Water Quality Analyst to work in our Environmental Monitoring team. The person we are looking for will have a passion for environmental science, understand the importance of quality data, have an eye for detail and be able to tell a story from environmental dataset analyses.
To be successful at this role you will need:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Be passionate about the environment.
- Prior experience working with water quality data.
- Confidence with data analysis, report writing, presentations, monitoring and statistical information.
- Have had applied experience in Hydrology and/or Water Quality related disciplines or demonstrated knowledge in this area.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
In return, we offer you a rare opportunity to apply your skills and experience in role that helps protect and improve our environment across the Tairawhiti region. We offer you unique and varied work, a supportive, dedicated and talented team to work with, work/life balance and a great lifestyle living in sunny Gisborne.
For further information, please contact Peter Hancock.
Applications Close: 10am, Tuesday 5 November 2019.
If you think you are the right person for the role, apply today!
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz