ProjectMax is seeking a senior person to undertake asset management consultancy work and business development. This is an exciting time with the creation of a new Alliance providing a wider range of services and opportunities. The right person will contribute to the growth of the business and there may be opportunity for an ownership stake.
ProjectMax is a successful, specialist engineering consultancy primarily serving Local Government: Water Services clients in New Zealand.It is based on Auckland’s North Shore but undertakes work throughout New Zealand and into Australia.
It is mainly focused on providing advice to asset owners on how to determine the condition of their pipeline networks (water supply, wastewater and stormwater), how to use this information to optimise the performance of the network and then to plan for its renewal. Currently this mostly focusses on gravity pipelines and is illustrated by the following marketing graphic:
ProjectMax is New Zealand’s leading consultant in CCTV pipeline inspection and wrote the updated version of the Gravity Pipe Inspection Manual for Water New Zealand.
The company has a reputation for delivering high quality outcomes, based on robust analysis, that are directly usable by the client.
The company has recently formed a strategic Alliance with Australia based Detection Services with the intention of providing an expanded range of infrastructure services throughout Australasia under the Assetlife Alliance banner. This creates a significant new opportunity for ProjectMax to grow in both New Zealand and Australian markets.
Project opportunities for the Alliance are not usually advertised. The growth plan therefore depends on engaging with potential clients, building their understanding of what can be achieved and developing bespoke and attractive proposals for them.
This role is split between the marketing role for Assetlife Alliance in New Zealand and providing asset management advice to clients. Current marketing mainly uses face to face meetings and conference attendance so does require some travel.
This is a senior role and will input into the growth of both ProjectMax and Assetlife Alliance. Much of this role is currently undertaken by a Director of ProjectMax and the intent is to take this over plus grow the business through the Alliance.
The ideal combination of skills and experience for this role is therefore :
- Ability to engage with potential clients throughout New Zealand (and growing into Australia), identify their needs and develop proposals that generate value for them and are profitable for the Alliance.This will require a combination of general marketing, conference presentations, email/phone contact and face to face visits.An ability to develop social media based marketing would be desirable.
- An understanding of the operation of Local Government, its role in providing pipe network services and the legislation that it operates under.
- Asset management skills, particularly relating to pipe networks.
- Well developed report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage staff to ensure high quality outcomes are achieved for clients while maintaining profitability.
- The ability to contribute management and leadership skills to the growing business.
- Awareness and capability in the use of current and emerging technologies (e.g. asset monitoring, artificial intelligence, data communication, file management, etc) to capture and convert data into knowledge.
- Qualifications and experience would be commensurate with the seniority of this role and conveying the credibility and capability of ProjectMax, and the Alliance, to potential clients.
Attractive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate.
There will also potentially be an opportunity to purchase equity in the business and be part of future profit-sharing. This would be subject to organisational fit and agreement of an ownership transfer process.
|Key responsibilities||Expected outcomes|
|Business Growth / Development|
Please forward any questions, application and CV to the following by Monday 23 September 2019.
+64 27 2333849
+64 27 7008304