Full Time, 40 hours per week
Satisfying career development is offered by this senior engineering opportunity in the Whanganui District.
Whanganui District Council has commissioned a new and leading-edge wastewater plant for the City in 2018 to end direct discharge to sea. This role is the opportunity to manage a team of 4 staff who are passionate about the new plant, and in a Council which still retains its professional services and asset management in-house.
Our Whanganui District Council Wastewater team work collaboratively to ensure the wastewater treatment process is maintained and optimised for performance, efficiency and reliability. It's a critical role for the community and our focus is on quality, reliability, safety and managing the environmental impact in all aspects of our business.
You may be in a process engineering role or you may be a wastewater industry professional looking for your next opportunity. You may already have team leadership responsibilities or you may be looking to move to a Managerial role. In any case you will be able to apply your years of experience and knowledge of the industry to ensure the process needs are met for the plant to service our community.
Ideally you will have:
- A high level of expertise of health and safety management practices and a good understanding of quality, asset and environmental management systems
- An engineering/science or technical background and/or a qualification in Wastewater Treatment (eg Diploma of Wastewater Treatment)
- A high level of expertise with Wastewater Treatment facilities and the hazardous chemicals/environments involved
- Be computer literate including Microsoft suite of office products
- Full drivers license
- Good interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with all our internal and external customers and stakeholders
Whanganui has been growing in population and businesses in recent years with the buzz of new families and represents an incredible lifestyle location - close to New Zealand's best outdoor experiences in bush, cycle trails, river and skiing. The City is known for being welcoming, strong in schools and has the range of arts and culture one would expect of a modern New Zealand city.
This is a great opportunity to join us. You will be able to stamp your mark and bring together a new team and work closely with a supportive Infrastructure group.
If you are eager to be part of our team, and you have what it takes to succeed in this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Enquiries about this vacancy can be made to Tony Hooper, Senior Wastewater Engineer on 06 349 3127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not send applications to this person).
To apply for this job go to: http://whanganuidc.recruitmenthub.co.nz & enter ref code: 4596176. Applications close 22 March 2019