Water at Beca
Our 150-strong multi-disciplinary Water team works across the ‘3-Waters’ of water supply, wastewater and stormwater, as well as surface waters and irrigation; partnering with clients spanning the municipal, industrial, transportation, commercial, mining and agricultural sectors. Our work ranges from optioneering, design, through to commissioning, handover and operational advice. Together we make things happen on projects throughout New Zealand, Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. As our clients continue to call on our expertise, we’re right there beside them and are looking for more great people to join our team in Dunedin.
As we go from strength to strength and our workload in the south expands, we’re looking for water-focused senior-level Civil Engineers to join our Dunedin team. At the gateway of important changes in the water sector, this is a leadership role where you will have the chance to:
- Utilise your expertise in Civil Engineering, with a focus on conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs for a wide range of 3-Waters projects
- Provide solutions and services to clients on site, taking lead roles in project engineering and management as required
- Use your strong customer relationship skills to understand our clients’ core business and ensure that services meet their expectations
- Plan, assemble and manage resources to deliver your projects on-time and on-budget
- Get involved in business development, playing an active role in fostering relationships with clients
- In your capacity of senior professional, provide technical advice and guidance to junior members of the team to build their capability within a culture that values teamwork
- Explore a range of projects, with the opportunity to travel.
The Dunedin office currently has nearly 40 staff including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, project management, environmental and fire engineering disciplines. As an employee-owned company, ownership of the business creates a “think local” culture and allows us to grow and shape Beca Dunedin into a long-term sustainable business within strong links to Dunedin city, as well as Otago / Southland clients and their communities.
You will be a professionally qualified individual, with a strong track record in the successful delivery of design and construction of 3-Waters projects in a consulting or local authority environment. This experience will be across technical, delivery and client-facing activities and you will have the natural ability to build wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside of the organisation.
What we offer
A career with Beca will provide you with:
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive and caring work environment where you can bring your whole self to work
- Flexible working arrangements to balance your personal / family commitments
- Opportunities to learn from our industry experts and technical gurus across the Asia-Pacific region
- Highly supportive environment of sharing and collaboration
- Excellent benefits provided to all staff – including discounted health insurance, discounts on gym memberships, as well as social club events.
Beca is one of Asia Pacific's largest independent advisory, design and engineering consultancies. 2020 is a landmark year for Beca, representing both the dawn of a new decade and the beginning of our 2nd century.
We are a team of 3300-plus, bringing a wide range of perspectives and expertise to every client and every challenge; creating resourceful, smart solutions from our collective experience and insights.
While our experience has been 100 years in the making, it’s the fresh talent we’re nurturing, the innovative thinking we’re developing and the connections that we’re forging that gets us most excited for the future. www.beca.com.
We embrace the fact that people are our greatest asset. It’s our people that set us apart, and who our clients keep coming back to. Passionate about what we do and the culture we have developed, we believe the key to our success is the teamwork and collaboration fostered, not only within our Water team, but right across the Beca Group.
This commitment to our people, means that we understand that it’s not always easy juggling work with everything else life throws at us. Which is why we are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for all opportunities in the Beca team – in either a part-time or full-time capacity. Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicities, identities, thoughts and experiences.
Ready to make the move?
If you want to make everyday better, apply online today. If you have any questions, call Autumn English - Talent Acquisition Business Partner on +64 9 3365 954.
Beca prides itself on supporting a diverse and inclusive culture – open to inputs from creative people of all genders, ethnicity, identity, thought and experiences.
We are currently recruiting for a number of opportunities within the Water sector, please visit https://www.beca.com/waterteam to find out more.