4 Waters Strategy Advisor
Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it's an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our 4 Water Infrastructure Team to assist in the delivery of strategic and operational policy in relation to 4 waters activities to ensure effective management and planning.
This is an important role which will provide assistance with the delivery of Council's major capital work, and asset management planning. This includes water supply, wastewater treatment and disposal, storm water treatment and disposal, flood control and river schemes, drainage networks, pumping stations and coastal protection works.
Up for the challenge? Great! - you'll need to have:
- An appropriate engineering or science degree with 10 years relevant work experience.
- A project management qualification and/or relevant experience.
- An understanding of engineering principles.
- Asset, project and budget management skills.
- Utility Management experience.
- Understanding of local government capital infrastructure as related to asset management, budgeting, construction, maintenance and operations - including levels of service.
- Sound understanding of the importance of the Treaty of Waitangi and the ability to apply the principles of the Treaty to work practices.
- Ability to work in a complex and politically sensitive environment, with elected representatives, stakeholders and the general public.
- A full New Zealand Driver's Licence.
For further information please contact Neville West.
Still reading? Then apply as soon as possible - we're looking to move quickly on this. Please submit your CV and cover letter by following the link.
Applications close: 10am, Tuesday 23 February 2021.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz