Technical Account Manager
Every day, we make the world cleaner, safer and healthier - protecting people and vital resources. Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Around the world businesses in foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil and gas markets choose Ecolab products and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals. Our global workforce of over 44,000 employees is consistently delivering comprehensive solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab division, provides process and water treatment chemical and equipment solutions, with a customer base that includes major ANZ businesses across a variety of industry sectors.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional Account Manager with strong technical/engineering experience to join our Nalco Water Light Division servicing our clients within the South Island of New Zealand. Reporting directly to the District Manager, you will be responsible for driving product and service growth by developing close relationships with existing customers and building total value-based project pipelines. You will achieve this by discovering customer needs, developing and implementing innovative digital solutions, and providing outstanding customer service.
- Management and development of long-standing client relationships, with an intense focus on exceeding client expectations and driving value-based outcomes and service execution
- Execute a sales, price and innovation plan for existing clients to deliver sales volume growth and drive profitability.
- Deliver outstanding service coverage to customers which align with their Key Business Drivers
- Create, Capture & Communicate value through developing and managing innovative and continuous improvement projects to solve customer problems
- Work in consultation with engineering teams to maintain equipment for water treatment, chemical dosing and control systems
- Manage the delivery of projects to budget and time constraints and work with suppliers and contractors to develop quotes and delivery timeframes
- Overnight stays will be required and willingness to travel is essential.
By nature, you will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with both internal & external customers
- Delivering a hands-on approach to service execution and merchandising value
- The ability to work independently and remotely
- Excellent problem-solving aptitude
- A tremendous will to succeed and continue your learning & development
Technically, you will have:
- A strong background in applied chemistry, Industrial water treatment experience and/or a technical qualification in chemistry or process engineering.
- Successful sales experience is favourable
- Strong interpersonal and influencing ability
- Sound mechanical reasoning
- Be digitally savvy
- Tertiary education is an advantage but not essential.
- Valid driverâs license
The ability to travel with overnight stays will be a prerequisite.
Life at ECOLAB:
Our three behavioural shifts are People First, One United ANZ Ecolab Team and Owning the Outcome.
We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, there is a world of opportunity that can be found within our growing company, and delivering results and demonstrating teamwork, drives advancement.
Some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Rewarding company superannuation
- Health and Well-being Subsidy of $250 per year
- MY Days bonus leave program
- Rewarding Bonus and Incentive programs
- Attractive Staff Product Discounts
- Access to the Ecolab holiday house in Lake Taupo NZ
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
How to apply:
Click APPLY to submit your application.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ecolab or by their external third-party provider.
Get social with us:
Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Every day, we help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier - protecting people and vital resources. If you would like to find out more about us, please find out more at https://en-au.ecolab.com/
Ecolab is an Equal Opportunity Employer, supporting a diverse work environment to drive innovation and growth.