Engineer - Mechanical and Civil
Ensure the safe and sustainable operation, maintenance and improvement of Antarctic-based civil and mechanical assets.
- Collaboratively lead the management of a group of essential assets
- Use your varied experience to work across a range of infrastructure and assets
- Contribute to the safe and efficient operation of New Zealand's Base in Antarctica
Who are we?
At Antarctica New Zealand, we proudly ensure that Antarctica and the Southern Ocean are valued, protected and understood. We support world-leading science and environmental protection and raise public awareness of the global significance of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean.
The Engineering team is responsible for the safe and effective management of all Scott Base facilities, infrastructure and assets, as well as delivery of the Scott Base Redevelopment project. This project will ensure that Scott Base is able to support world-class science for the next 40 years.
This role is responsible for supporting the development, maintenance and operation of Antarctic based assets and infrastructure. This role is responsible for efficient planning with an emphasis on safety, to manage, maintain and develop Antarctic-based assets, plant, equipment and infrastructure. The Engineer- Mechanical and Civil work closely with the Engineering Planner to coordinate staffing, resourcing and operational requirements of the asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide professional engineering advice and technical support for long term operation and maintenance of assets.
- Oversight of system operations, including setting and monitoring of KPIs, responding to deviations / emerging issues and development of operating procedures.
- Lead projects on a varying scale, including problem scoping, solution development and design, budget preparation and control, planning and coordination, construction supervision and commissioning.
- Support the Engineering Supervisor to monitor performance of the Scott Base Engineering team related to asset management work and provide timely feedback.
- Develop and contribute to high performing individuals, teams and cross functional relationships.
This is a full-time role based in our Christchurch offices. There may in the future be the requirement to travel to Antarctica for short periods. Being assessed medically fit is a requirement of the role.
What will you bring?
- Engineering Degree (four-year degree or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of broad systems engineering experience
- Experience in managing a variety of assets
- Proven ability to maintain productive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Applications close on Sunday 18 April 2021