Data and Systems Technician - Three Waters
Are you experienced with data management and asset management of water services required for local government?
Whakatāne District Council has opportunity for a Data and Systems Technician - Three Waters to develop and implement a Three Waters Data Strategy and lead the creation, retention and storage of Three Waters data. Working as part of a small team of Asset Engineers, the role is focused on ensuring effective relationships with key stakeholders are maintained, and data management architecture is fit for purpose and accessible.
This role requires an analytical mind that can understand and interpret data and digital technologies to ensure service delivery optimises the use of networks, and meets current and future service demands and community needs.
We're looking for someone with:
- High attention to detail
- Confident problem solving abilities
- A focus on solutions and continuous improvement of processes
- Above all else, a sense of humour and good team work skills
What will you bring?
- Recognised civil, environmental engineering, asset management, data analysis engineering qualification or equivalent through experience
- Minimum five years' post graduate experience in three waters engineering
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of data management principles and their application in the Three Waters
- Experience in developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders
What can we offer you?
We are proud of our passionate hard working staff and the services we deliver to our community. In return for your skills and experience we will offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a passion for professional development.
The Whakatāne District is recognised as a place of choice for people to live, work and play. We're blessed with breath-taking landscapes, rich culture and plenty of sunshine. With pristine and desirable beaches, harbours, rivers, and forests, Whakatāne offers a thriving urban hub within close proximity to other main centres. With a world in turmoil, come and join us, take a breath and find more life in life
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Michael Van Tilburg, Team Leader Three Waters Asset Management and Planning, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
Applications close Tuesday 13 April 2021
To apply for this job go to - click here
Applications close 13 April 2021