Cadet Water Treatment Plant Operator
Job Description: Permanent
Gisborne District Council are working together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Tairāwhiti is the first place to see the light and we're working to transform our region to be the first choice for people and lifestyle, the first place for environment, economy and culture.
GDC is genuine about attracting professionals who believe in our values of Piritahi Tairāwhiti - Working together to make our people proud. We are currently seeking a motivated person looking for a career opportunity to develop their skills to become a qualified Water Treatment Plant Operator.
This is an entry level position where the successful applicant will have a keen interest in water systems and delivering high quality services to our community. This is an entry level, apprenticeship role, with strong mentoring and development support and the requirement to complete an NZQA level 4 qualification in Water Treatment within 30 months from appointment.
The place of work is at the Waingake Water Treatment Plant and commuting is required.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be motivated to study and grow a career in the water services industry
- Be available when qualified to work flexible hours including nights and weekends and be available for on call rosters
- Have a clean, full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Have commitment to Health and Safety
- Be prepared to contribute positively to team work
- Have a basic knowledge of working in partnership with tangata whenua or at least a willingness to learn
Applications close 10 Friday 30 April 2021.
Job Location: Gisborne, Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand