Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it's an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
We're seeking an experienced Senior Water Quality Science Officer to join our Environmental Monitoring Team. The Senior Water Quality Science Officer is responsible for leading technical monitoring projects providing expert advice and guidance on environmental monitoring activities and environmental data, particularly on topics of water quality.
Up for the challenge? Great! - you'll need to have:
- A relevant tertiary degree with a predominant content of environmental sciences, hydrology, geography, natural resources or equivalent
- A minimum of three years technical work experience in water quality or environmental data collection and analysis
- Experience with environmental data and database systems
- A full New Zealand drivers licence and capable swimmer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong scientific stills and technical understanding of the principles underlying scientific data collection and management
- Experience with statistical analysis and ability to produce a high standard of analysis and reporting using statistical packages
- A basic knowledge of working with mana whenua or at least a willingness to learn
Still reading? Then apply as soon as possible - we're looking to move quickly on this. Please submit your CV and cover letter by following the link.
Applications close: 24 May 2021.