Tararua offers you the lifestyle you have always dreamed of. Take advantage of the adventure, scenic attractions, and country hospitality at its best! If you are keen on tramping, hunting, fishing, or canoeing you will be spoilt for choice. All the facilities are nearby; swimming pools, gyms, tennis courts and championship golf courses. The Tararua District provides an enviable lifestyle and work location.
We are looking for a Utilities Engineer who will support the successful and sustainable management of seven water and seven wastewater schemes across the Tararua District.
Reporting to the Manager - Utilities, this role requires a passion for water and wastewater, problem solving, asset and project management, and for supporting Council to successfully meet commitments to our community.
We offer the opportunity to give effect to real positive change in our district - our piece of paradise we call Tararua. You will be enabled to identify, plan and deliver improvement projects, seeing your ideas become tangible. You will wall have diverse opportunities to further develop your leadership and technical skills.
The successful candidate will help Council achieve their goals by:
- Provide guidance to utilities staff, including in the optimisation of water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Improve asset management maturity and inform effective infrastructure asset management planning.
- Ensure water and wastewater sampling and reporting requirements are met.
- Proactively identify, plan and deliver projects that ensures Council continues to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable service levels.
- Develop and enhance collaborative relationships with Council staff and key stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a vibrant and dynamic team delivering successful outcomes for the Tararua Community! Bring your passion for people, water and wastewater to life in this exciting and varied role.
To view the position description and download an application form, please visit our website - www.tararuadc.govt.nz/workingforcouncil
Applications are also available at all Council Service Centres.
For more information please call 06-374-4080 or email: email@example.com.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 5 June 2021.
Please ensure you complete the application form and submit it along with your CV and cover letter.