Do you want to take your career to the next level at one of New Zealand's most progressive Regional Councils and contribute to the valuable work that we do?
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised Assets Engineer (Bylaws) to contribute to the effectiveness of the Bay of Plenty Regional Council and make a real difference to our community and the environment.
As the Assets Engineer (Bylaws) you will:
- Provide technical engineering and asset management advice within the Rivers and Drainage Assets team, with a focus on the implementation and compliance of the Flood Protection and Drainage Bylaws 2020;
- Lead the bylaw authority application assessment and compliance processes;
- Be responsible for the development and continuous improvement of bylaw authority processes, procedures and guidance information;
- Provide information and opportunities to educate communities on the Flood Protection and Drainage Bylaws;
- Undertake site inspections and bylaws enforcement and breach investigations;
- Undertake technical reviews of district application consents, and district and regional plans.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant degree or tertiary engineering, science or natural resources qualification with at least 5 years relevant technical experience;
- Practical knowledge and experience with rivers and drainage scheme assets and management;
- A good understanding of river and drain engineering principles for design and construction;
- Experience working with rural farming communities and an awareness of farming practices and environmental challenges.
Who we are
The Bay of Plenty Regional Council is responsible for land, air and water as well as public transport and economic development. A major focus of our work involves looking after the environment. We manage the effects of peopleâs use of freshwater, land, air and coastal water. However, we also have a broader responsibility with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of the regional community.
With offices based in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne, we offer the work/life balance dreams are made of.
We are a values-driven organisation that really cares about people. Highlights of working at The Bay of Plenty Regional Council include:
- Being part of a high performing and collaborative team;
- Opportunities for professional growth, learning and development;
- Varied and challenging work that makes a real impact on the community and environment;
- A competitive remuneration and holiday leave package.
- Flexible working arrangements.
The position will be located in Whakatāne.
NB: To apply for this job, you must have the legal right to be able to work in New Zealand and also hold a full current, valid driver's licence. As this position is designated as being "safety sensitive", the successful candidate will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol check as part of the recruitment.
Applications close midnight, Friday 11 June 2021 and will only be accepted online.