- Are you looking for a new opportunity in 2021 to make a real difference in your community?
- Do you thrive on solving diverse and interesting challenges?
- Are you seeking a role where no two days are the same with a chance to work across a busy and growing region?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly motivated and friendly team. You will work alongside your team mates, engaging with other councils, government agencies and landowners to promote best practice across the region.
As a Senior Regulatory Project Officer at the Bay of Plenty Regional Council (BOPRC) you will have the chance to work on diverse and interesting activities including:
- Monitor compliance of municipal wastewater treatment plants and comprehensive stormwater schemes.
- Undertake On-site Effluent Treatment project work in our region.
- Participate in and actively contribute your knowledge and expertise to National and Regional working groups.
- Maintain relationships with Territorial Authorities on activities that they undertake relevant to the role.
- Support our BOPRC teams to implement plan changes related to Wastewater/OSET activities.
- Provide guidance and expertise to people applying for Resource Consents.
- Raise public and industry awareness of council roles and responsibilities by providing specialist and up-to-date advice.
Along with a passion for your work, to be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Specialist working knowledge of current wastewater, stormwater and on-site domestic wastewater management including relevant standards.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience in a related field.
- Experience in supporting policy/planning to implement Regional or District Council plan development or changes.
- An ability to clearly present complex technical information and recommendations to a range of stakeholders, including council committees, regional and national government and industry forums.
- Experience supervising contractors and/or consultants.
As the Bay of Plenty Regional Council Toi Moana, our work guides and supports the region's sustainable development and is focused around four community outcomes: a healthy environment, freshwater for life, safe and resilient communities and a vibrant region.
You will be joining a passionate team who enjoy making a difference for their community and working to protect our environment in the Bay of Plenty. We have a strong 'can do' approach and we pride ourselves on collaborating with our colleagues and stakeholders throughout the region.
People like working for us because we offer the following:
- Competitive remuneration.
- Excellent wellbeing initiatives (such as employer paid insurance).
- Extra paid leave over Christmas/New Year.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Challenge and job satisfaction.
The salary for this position ranges from $91,499 - $107,647 per annum.
Applications close: 11 July 2021