Whakatāne District Council has opportunity for a Three Waters Data and Systems Analyst/Technician to develop and implement a Three Waters Data Strategy and lead the creation, retention and storage of Three Waters data. Working as part of a small team of Asset Engineers, the role is focused on ensuring effective relationships with partners and key stakeholders are maintained, and data management architecture is fit for purpose and accessible. This role requires an analytical mind that can understand and interpret data and emerging digital technologies within the three waters sector. Ensuring service delivery optimises data mining and the use of software applications to meet current and future levels of service demands for council and the community.
We're looking for someone with:
- Analytic skills and high attention to detail
- Confident problem solving abilities
- A focus on solutions, latest technologies and continuous improvement of processes for three waters applications
- Above all else, a sense of humour and good team work skills
What will you bring?
- Recognised civil, environmental engineering, asset management, data analyst engineering qualification or equivalent through experience
- Minimum three years' post graduate experience in three waters engineering
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of data management principles and their application within the Three Waters Sector
- Experience in developing strong working relationships with council partners and key stakeholders
What can we offer you?
We are proud of our passionate hard working staff and the services we deliver to our community. In return for your skills and experience we will offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a passion for ongoing professional development.
The Whakatāne District is recognised as a place of choice for people to live, work and play. We're blessed with breath-taking landscapes, rich culture and plenty of sunshine. With pristine and desirable beaches, harbours, rivers, and forests, Whakatāne offers a thriving urban hub within close proximity to other main centres. With a world in turmoil, come and join us, take a breath and find more life in life.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Michael Van Tilburg, Team Leader Three Waters Asset Management and Planning, or a member of our People & Capability team on 07 306 0500, or apply now.
Applications close Tuesday 21 July 2021
To apply for this job go to: https://whakatanecareers.co.nz... & enter ref code: 5537444