Water Services Asset Planner
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you have asset management experience? Want to work in one of New Zealand's fastest-growing districts?
Our Infrastructure Team look after the district's water supply, wastewater and stormwater including urban drainage, rural drainage and stock water. This role will see you providing high-quality activity management planning input and advice to ensure the ongoing success of our water services activities and initiatives.
So, what would you be doing day to day?
- Developing and updating Council's 5 Waters Activity Management Plan
- Monitoring and reporting on community outcomes and KPIs
- Providing water-related land use advice to key Council teams and the public
- Developing and managing Council's 5 waters related strategies, bylaws, policies and procedures
What do we need you to bring to the role?
- A Bachelor of Engineering (or relevant degree in a related field)
- At least five years' engineering work experience in water and wastewater related areas
- Experience dealing with contractors and consultants
- Sound understanding of asset management principles and strategic development principles in the management and operation of Council water services
Being an excellent communicator you are someone who can relate well to a wide range of people, able to use your initiative and work independently you will also be a strong team player and enjoy working alongside others to ensure 5 waters in Selwyn runs smoothly. You'll have sound practical experience alongside knowledge of legislation and standards associated with this.
Selwyn District Council is committed to delivering smart and innovative services to our communities. We have a bright future with sustained population and economic growth in the district and a team of people who are passionate about what we do. Our offices are based in the growing town of Rolleston, centrally located within the district and an easy commute from Christchurch. There's ample parking nearby, flexible working options and an ever-increasing range of services and facilities, and affordable, quality residential development. We support and encourage development and growth for all of our staff.
If you think you are the right fit and want to make a positive difference to our people and our communities, apply today!
Applications close: 13 August 2021