Surface Waters Environmental Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity? Do you have experience with surface water management? Want to work in one of New Zealand's fastest-growing districts?
Our Infrastructure Team look after the district's water supply, wastewater and stormwater services including urban drainage, rural land drainage and stock water races. This role will see you play an important part within our surface water portfolio, monitoring and managing our impact on the environment.
So, what would you be doing day to day?
- Delivering programmes of work managing Council's Surface Water Networks and monitoring their effects on our environment
- Managing operational projects that focus on improving water quality, enhancement of biodiversity and assess ecological values
- Managing monitoring programmes ensuring compliance with existing consent conditions
- Supporting other team members working in operations, on projects and asset management planning
What do we need you to bring to the role?
- A Bachelor of Engineering or Environmental Science related qualification
- At least three years of experience with stormwater management, infrastructure and industry practices
- Experience and confidence dealing with contractors and consultants
- Project management skills
Being an excellent communicator you are someone who can relate well to a wide range of people, able to use your initiative and work independently you will also be a strong team player and enjoy working alongside others to ensure the delivery of surface water services in Selwyn runs smoothly. You'll have sound practical experience alongside knowledge of legislation and standards associated with this sector and be keen to grow your skills in a supportive organisation.
Selwyn District Council is committed to delivering smart and innovative services to our communities. We have a bright future with sustained population and economic growth in the district and a team of people who are passionate about what we do. Our offices are based in the growing town of Rolleston, centrally located within the district and an easy commute from Christchurch. There's ample parking nearby, flexible working options and an ever-increasing range of services and facilities, and affordable, quality residential development. We support and encourage development and growth for all of our staff.
If you think you are the right fit and want to make a positive difference to our people and our communities, apply today!
Applications close: 13 August 2021