Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) are now seeking applications for the position of Asset Officer. This is a full-time, permanent role sitting within the Council’s Property and Infrastructure team.
The Asset Officer plays a key role in assisting the General Manager of Property and Infrastructure (P&I) to undertake effective and sustainable services and asset management across a broad range of public infrastructure types. They will contribute to the continual improvement of asset management and service delivery by:
- Maintaining the accuracy and relevance of asset data contained within QLDC’s Geographic Information system (GIS) and Asset Management systems (AMS) generated by private development and QLDC capital works,
- Supporting the development of asset management analytical services to both internal and external customers,
- Becoming skilled in the use of QLDCs asset management systems (including, but not limited to Technology One, GIS, RAMM),
- Developing an understanding of ancillary datasets that contribute to asset management and service delivery improvements e.g. Rates data or demand projections.
The Asset Officer will be a key resource in the delivery of asset data generated through construction or vesting assets, and will have responsibility to ensure that data collected and entered into QLDCs systems is robust and complete.
This position exercises discretionary decision-making authority under limited supervision and direction to ensure that the asset information held is robust and fit for purpose to support council decision making.
The successful candidate will hold:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Engineering or Geographic Information Systems (or similar) is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience in similar discipline relevant to the responsibilities of the position, or a commensurate level of proven expertise
- Knowledge of spatial analysis tools including ESRI software (ArcGIS Pro) would be desirable
- An understanding and previous experience of asset management systems related to Roading, Property and/or Three Waters assets would be desirable
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritise and work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work autonomously within established procedures and practices; as well as able to propose improvements to processes
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of individuals at all levels in the organisation
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to persuade and influence to obtain optimal outcomes
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Subsidised health insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will also be considered
Applications close: 17 August 2021