Senior Water Engineer Network Engineering
- Up for a new challenge?
- Senior position with opportunity to grow and develop
- Petone location
Who are we?
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our councils - Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community and engineering consultants and contractors on projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where you come in
The Senior Engineer Network Engineering position sits within our Network Development and Delivery group, which leads the investigation, design and delivery of the three-year rolling work programme that delivers fit-for-purpose infrastructure solutions for client councils to deliver on our service goals.
As the Senior Engineer Network Engineering, you are responsible for planning and delivering network investigations into regional water supply issues, developing and informing improvements to deliver on our outcomes and service goals, including both asset and non-asset solutions. You will manage engineering consultants and contractors to deliver work programmes as well as taking the lead on complex issues, reviewing work and providing support and technical guidance to the team.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as Chartered Professional Engineering (preferred), Bachelor Engineering or Diploma in Engineering (preferably Environmental, Chemical or Civil Engineering)
- Strong technical knowledge in water, wastewater and/or stormwater engineering
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Significant work experience in relevant discipline
- Relationship management skills, including experience building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and able to manage data to inform and make meaningful decisions
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to put ideas across in a logical and coherent fashion
- A collaborative mindset - you will understand what it takes to bring people together to achieve results
- The ability to communicate and build strong relationships with stakeholders, so they feel well informed and have a high level of trust
In addition to the above, you will be self-starter who is focused on providing solutions and outcomes that are in line with best practice, who enjoys working both across the company and with our councils as we strive to continue to improve how we do things.
What's in it for you?
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue being an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils
Although applications close on 23 August, we will be reviewing and progressing applications as they come in, so don't delay, apply today!
Applications close: 8am, 23 August 2021