Engineer - Operations
Who are we?
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where do you come in?
The Engineer Operations role sits within the Customer Operations Group. The purpose of this role is to support the Operations Group with project management, incident and emergency response management, asset maintenance planning, provide technical support to service e delivery frontline staff, plan and undertake network investigations to resolve complex customer service and network operational issues. The role encompasses client, customer and contractor management associated with drainage and water network operations and upgrade projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly skilled in the following:
- Experience with three waters engineering
- Hold a current full New Zealand driver's licence
- Have a working knowledge of statutory legislation including Local Government Act, Resource Management Act, Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage the programme budget, monitoring expenditure
- Collaboration - you will understand what it takes to bring people together to achieve high level results
- Understanding the detail while focusing on the big picture
- Communicating and building strong relationships with stakeholders, so they feel well informed and have a high level of trust
- The ability to thrive in a busy and fast paced environment
In addition to the above, you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering and be a self-starter who is focused on providing solutions and outcomes that are in line with best practice.
What's in it for you?
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue as an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.