Stormwater and Waterways Manager
Grada is partnered exclusively with Waimakariri District Council in search of a suitably qualified Engineer with technical expertise in stormwater management.
- A role that will combine your passion for engineering with an environmental focus
- Have a positive and lasting impact on your community in Waimakariri
- Work with a collaborative, engaged and forward-thinking team
About Waimakariri District Council:
The Waimakariri District Council is one of the fastest-growing districts in New Zealand and the 3rd largest by population in the South Island. With a team of 380 employees, based in Rangiora, North Canterbury – they pride themselves on working passionately on matters that concern the community and district. A region of nearly 60,000 people and rapidly expanding, the role provides a unique set of challenges, opportunities and a diverse portfolio.
About the Role:
The role of 'Stormwater and Waterways Manager' is an opening for a motivated and skilled Engineer to manage the Waimakariri District Council’s urban stormwater, rural land drainage and stock water assets and services. With increasing community expectations on managing freshwater resources in a sustainable manager - stormwater and waterway management are critical issues in the district. This position is a senior role within the Utilities and Roading Department and a vital part of the 3 Waters team, where you will report directly to the 3 Waters Manager. This is a great opportunity to position your career in a strong place ahead of the Government’s proposed Three Water Reforms.
Key duties you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic infrastructure planning
- Management of the capital works programme
- Overseeing the maintenance and operation of the Council's stormwater, land drainage and stock water systems
- Assist with the development of Council's role in the management of watercourse protection and waterway enhancement
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or other relevant qualifications – CPEng will be highly regarded
- Technical expertise in Water, Civil or Environmental Engineering and experience with stormwater systems
- Sound knowledge of asset management planning practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivation to recognise and respect environmental and cultural values
- Last but most important of all, a passion for stormwater
Join a progressive, high performing and customer-focused council – this is an opportunity to work closely with the public, consultants, contractors and not to mention your team in the Waimakariri District Council to deliver outstanding results for both the community and the environment. Offering a competitive salary package, active social groups and a supportive and friendly team atmosphere, this is a role where you will be confident and comfortable enough to make a difference and to cement your footprint as the next ‘Stormwater and Waterways Manager’. To find out more about what it’s like to work at the Waimakariri District Council check out the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywEJi6JGuw&feature=youtu.
** The Waimakariri District Council is a Professional Development Partner with Engineering New Zealand and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
A job description is available on request. For further information on this position, please contact Lucy at Grada Recruitment on 020 4025 8265 or email@example.com.
Applications close: 13 September 2021