3 Waters Planning Engineer – Intermediate
- Excellent technical mentorship & professional development
- Have more time to do what you love outside of work
- Enjoy the incredible Taranaki coastline & mountain environment
If you have an interest in infrastructure planning and would like to develop your technical and professional skills in this area, then this position could be a good fit. You’ll be coming into a high performing and strong technical team with access to excellent mentors.
It’s an excellent time to be joining New Plymouth District Council with the approved long-term plan providing for considerable infrastructure investment. If you’re new to New Plymouth and Taranaki, you’ll find life is easy here … you can walk or cycle to work, houses are affordable, we have an awesome coastline and mountain on our doorstep, plus plenty of cafes, restaurants, events.
- Undertake hydraulic modelling to advise and inform on the capacity of the 3 waters network.
- Support the delivery of infrastructure planning & improvement projects. This may include assisting with preparation of business cases, project plans and consultant briefs. On smaller, more straight forward projects you may be asked to take on project manager or task manager responsibilities.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide advice to Development Engineers.
- Assist in the preparation of master plans for the long-term development of 3-waters infrastructure that integrates with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Provide input into structure plans for growth areas, asset management plans, and the long-term plan.
- Engage with the community and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with consultants and regulatory authorities.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a 3 waters engineering role.
- Experience with network modelling (preferably Infoworks ICM & WS) would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
At New Plymouth District Council, we know that having a fantastic culture is vital to serving our community and to creating our vision to Build a Lifestyle Capital. Our values centre around working together, respecting each other, achieving wellness and making a difference. This includes flexible work practices.
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
To find out more contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.