3 Waters Planning Engineer – Senior
- Strategic planning of water, stormwater, wastewater infrastructure
- Have more time to do what you love outside of work
- Enjoy the incredible Taranaki coastline & mountain environment
If you enjoy steering technical direction and project delivery and would relish the opportunity to shape the 3-waters infrastructure for a district, then this position could be a good fit.
You’ll be joining New Plymouth District Council at a critical time with the approved long-term plan providing for considerable infrastructure investment. If you’re new to New Plymouth and Taranaki, you’ll find life is easy here … you can walk or cycle to work, houses are affordable, we have an awesome coastline and mountain on our doorstep, plus plenty of cafes, restaurants, events.
- Prepare master plans for the long-term development of 3-waters infrastructure that integrates with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Contribute to the development of structure plans for growth areas, asset management plans, and the long-term plan.
- Lead project teams in the delivery of infrastructure planning projects. This includes operating as Project Manager for the investigation, planning, concept design and consenting of the new $30M Urenui Wastewater System.
- Develop strategic, programme and detailed business cases for infrastructure projects.
- Evaluate the impacts of new developments and provide advice to Development Engineers.
- Engage with the community including iwi, and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with consultants and regulatory authorities.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in 3-Waters Engineering.
- Effective in steering technical direction and project delivery.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
At New Plymouth District Council, we know that having a fantastic culture is vital to serving our community and to creating our vision to Build a Lifestyle Capital. Our values centre around working together, respecting each other, achieving wellness and making a difference. This includes flexible work practices.
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
To find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.