Intermediate/Senior Water Resources Engineer
About the business
GeoSolve is a well-established geotechnical practice with several branches in Otago and Invercargill. The location for the above position is flexible and could be in Dunedin, Cromwell, Queenstown, Wanaka or Invercargill.
About the role
Owing to senior retirements, we require an experienced civil / water resources engineer to boost our water resources capability. Due to our strong workload, we need a self-starter who can operate autonomously with minimal management.
Working with intermediate and senior geotechnical staff, you'll be responsible for catchment analysis and associated flood and debris flow hazard assessments, flood and scour protection, open channel design, stormwater disposal facilities, and hydrological/hydraulic inputs for irrigation and small dam design.
Occasionally, preparation and presentation of expert evidence at Resource Consent proceedings may be required.
Benefits and perks
GeoSolve is an employee owned company which provides a culture that encourages innovation, individual initiatives and rewards motivated engineers who want to take our discipline forward. We provide a number of benefits to staff, including medical insurance and a wellbeing allowance. If you have a level of enthusiasm that would fit this environment and want to be part of a growing, dynamic team, please reply via Seek with your CV and include a cover letter (in pdf form) telling us about yourself and the skills & experience you have that would integrate with this Water Engineer role.
Skills and experience
The ideal applicant will have :
- At least Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent qualification, CPEng preferred
- A sound understanding of hydrological & hydraulic principles
- Significant experience in hydrological/hydraulic and debris flow modelling, ideally within New Zealand
- Relevant hazard assessment experience and reporting skills
- Relevant design experience
- Knowledge of Resource Management processes
- Ability to work independently, and in a team including mentoring of intermediate staff.
Applications close: 30 September