Ventia is one of New Zealand’s leading infrastructure services companies. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Far North Water team is looking for a Leak Detection Supervisor to join their Kaikohe team.
This is an opportunity for an experienced, certified locator to take the next step in their career and manage a small team of two.
You will have the ability to provide a high level of analytic support on the water network service performance to the operations and maintenance team.
Build analytic tools that utilise data to support forward work planning and identifying and minimising business risks and compliance issues.
The successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with the client, external stakeholders and other Ventia employees while providing high service levels to ensure all leak reduction targets are met.
- Ideally 2-3 years’ experience in reticulation maintenance OR treatment operations OR 2-3 years of utility locating and mapping experience
- Knowledge and experience of water reticulation systems
- Experience in Leak Detection, able to operate and collate data from mobile field device equipment including Acoustic Data Loggers
- Experience of water process flow and hydraulics
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a true analytics role
- National Certificate in Water Reticulation Level 4 Supervisor or equivalent (preferred but not essential)
- Engineering qualification (preferable with a background in Water process and reticulation)
- NZ Full Class 1 Driver Licence
- Traffic Management training (STMS an advantage) preferred
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
This is an exciting, newly created role that offers you the opportunity to lead a hardworking and talented crew. You will have complete autonomy in this role and will find it to be an interesting, challenging, and stimulating thing to do.
This role is also classified as an essential service role supporting the community.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for – Click on the “Apply” button now.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.ventia.co.nz
Short-listed candidates must be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical, which includes a drug and alcohol test.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Job Segment: Manager, Hydraulics, Engineer, Management, Engineering