River Engineer South Otago
- Drive best practice & robust decision-making
- Address complex engineering challenges with high community impact
- Make the move South & enjoy an incredible outdoors lifestyle, stunning environment
If you’re looking for job interest and challenge and would enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand-in-hand with the Otago environment of rugged coastlines, spectacular mountains and alpine lakes, this position could be right for you.
Otago Regional Council manages the land, air and water resources, and provides flood and natural hazard protection and response on behalf of communities across Central Otago, Clutha, Waitaki, Queenstown Lakes and Dunedin. Climate change impacts, pressure on critical infrastructure, and Otago’s complex river systems from mountain headwaters to coastal mouths, creates a challenging environment that requires a forward-thinking approach. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced River Engineer to ensure our rivers are managed effectively and to protect our local communities from damaging flood events.
- Apply your specialist river engineering knowledge to provide technical input into asset and river activity management planning, consenting and compliance, project delivery, maintenance and operations. Includes flood risk management and hazard assessment, mapping.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, consultants, iwi, community groups and landowners.
- Develop and deliver engineering solutions that will contribute to a functional and sustainable river network.
- Achieve environmental and community outcomes taking a collaborative and solution-driven approach.
- Assist, mentor and advise others as required.
- A qualification in Civil or Environmental Engineering, ideally with a river management or water engineering focus and 3+ years’ of engineering experience.
- Prior experience in river engineering and ideally environmental or ecological knowledge and experience in flood management response, although this is not essential.
- A tactful, diplomatic and resilient style, strong customer focus, and high professional standards and initiative.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Vivienne Torr on 027 688 8834 in confidence.
Otago Regional Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Applications close: 3 October 2021