Team Lead | River Management
- Address complex engineering challenges with high community impact
- Leadership to drive delivery & team performance
- Make the move South & enjoy an incredible outdoors lifestyle, stunning environment
If you’re looking for job interest and challenge and would enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand-in- hand with the Otago environment of rugged coastlines, spectacular mountains and alpine lakes, this position could be right for you.
Otago Regional Council manages the land, air and water resources, and provides flood and natural hazard protection and response on behalf of communities across Central Otago, Clutha, Waitaki, Queenstown Lakes and Dunedin. Climate change impacts, pressure on critical infrastructure, and Otago’s complex river systems from mountain headwaters to coastal mouths, creates a challenging environment that requires a forward-thinking approach. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced Civil or Natural Resources Engineer to lead a team of three and steer effective river management and strategic engineering planning.
- Provide direction and leadership to the River Engineering team, who focus on flood risk management, river restoration and river engineering.
- Oversee and support the team in all river management processes, flood event readiness, maintenance of Council assets, robust tender processes and effective management of contractors and consultants.
- Instil an environmental focus and deliver solutions that encourage best environmental outcomes
- Apply specialist engineering knowledge to manage river assets, strategic planning, resource consent and mapping for rivers and other water courses.
- Form collaborative working relationships with other teams within Council; Territorial Authorities and other Regional Councils; contractors, consultants, and regulatory bodies; and landowners that benefit from flood management and river control.
- Create a culture of delivery and service and enable your team to be agile and high performing. Facilitate professional development and continuous improvement, best practice.
- A BEng degree and 7+ years’ experience in the field(s) of Civil or Natural Resources Engineering.
- Prior experience in river management including flood response.
- Have experience in team leadership, project and contracts management.
- Be progressive in environmental values.
- A tactful, diplomatic coaching style of leadership, strong customer focus, and high professional standards and initiative.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Vivienne Torr on 027 688 8834 in confidence.
Otago Regional Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
Applications close: 3 October 2021