Intermediate & Senior Three Waters Engineers
- Infrastructure planning focus – water, wastewater, stormwater
- Have more time to do what you love outside of work
- Enjoy the incredible Taranaki coastline & mountain environment
If you have an interest in infrastructure planning and would like to lead this work or develop your skills in this area, then this position could be a good fit. Particularly, if you enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand in hand with the Taranaki environment of spectacular surf, coastline and mountain.
It’s an excellent time to be joining New Plymouth District Council with the approved long-term plan providing for considerable infrastructure investment. You’ll be coming into a high performing and strong technical team tasked with planning the district’s water, wastewater, stormwater infrastructure and ensuring it meets the current and future requirements of the district. You’ll bring a tertiary qualification in Civil or Environmental Engineering and a minimum of two years’ experience in one or more of the areas below:
- Water, Wastewater, Stormwater Engineering
- Development or interpretation of hydraulic models
- Project Engineering, Project Management at investigation, planning, concept design, consenting stages
- Development, growth & infrastructure planning
- Project identification & prioritisation, business case preparation
- Stakeholder engagement & consultation
At New Plymouth District Council, we know that having a fantastic culture is vital to serving our community and to creating our vision to Build a Lifestyle Capital. Our values centre around working together, respecting each other, achieving wellness and making a difference. This includes flexible work practices. If you’re new to New Plymouth and Taranaki, you’ll find life is easy here … you can walk or cycle to work, houses are affordable, we have an awesome coastline and mountain on our doorstep, plus plenty of cafes, restaurants, events.
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
To find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.