Who are we
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where do you come in?
The Solution Architect is found within the Digital Products and Services team where you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of technology, high quality data and information services through cross functional teams. You will lead the end-to-end analysis, design and implementation of data and information solutions that is aligned with technical infrastructure of the organisation to support the business outcomes.
At Wellington Water the need to access and utilise good quality data and information is increasingly important across all roles in our business, for the delivery of our services and the way we work together. The new water regulations will only amplify the role our data and information assets will play in the future, to inform our priorities, operate efficiently and demonstrate compliance.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Five plus years solution architecture in a data driven and asset management company developing and implementing data and integration platforms
- An in-depth knowledge of AWS cloud computing (networking, databases, applications, and migration) and API technologies (REST)
- Hands on experience with data ETL technologies around transformation, integration, and automation tools such as FME will be a great advantage
- A working background utilising database and server-side languages including MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Python, Ruby or any scripting language
- Knowledge of typical enterprise integration patterns with ability to design saleable architecture that can integrate with multiple platforms
- Experience of data and data modelling techniques plus typical enterprise integration patterns with ability to design saleable architecture that can integrate with multiple platforms
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal communication skills so you can build effective peer and working relationships alongside adjusting your personal style and approach as appropriate to the situation
- As well as having the ability to thrive in a busy and fast paced environment and effectively cope with change and handle risk and uncertainty
The Ideal candidate will have a have a tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field, and Cloud Architect Certification will be an advantage. You will enjoy looking for opportunities to add value, be a self-directed, and an outcome-focused team player with good attention to detail.
What's in it for you?
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
This role is only open to those who have the right to work in New Zealand.
If you require additional information, please contact Tony Collins, Recruitment Lead - Tony.Collins@wellingtonwater.co.nz
Applications close: 18 October 2021