Customer Planning Engineer
Who we are
We manage the drinking water, wastewater, and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
The Customer Operations Group leads the operations and maintenance of the network on behalf of client councils and is the first point of contact in responding to client and customer requests. The group's outcomes are delivered through an innovative alliance, comprising people and resources from Wellington Water and Fulton Hogan working together to achieve high-performance for the Wellington community.
Where you come in
Reporting to the Manager Customer Planning, the Customer Planning Engineer has staff management duties over technical advisors that ensures the protection of the environment from adverse effects in our work activities. You provide engineering and operational solutions to the Service Delivery Manager and field crews. You oversee operational gateway review and approval of Capex projects. You also oversee shutdown planning, actively managing the impact that any loss of continuity of essential services to customers and community may experience.
You will be responsible for the investigation of more complex issues and project management of the resolution process. You will lead or support reactive maintenance or critical response. You are a skilled maintenance planner that is organised in ensuring As-Built information meets internal data requirements in a timely manner. You will manage reactive Capex to budget.
To be successful in this role, you show the following:
- NZCE/Diploma in Engineering/Degree qualification (Civil, Mech, Elect) or other suitable trade qualification
- Full driver's licence
- Asset management and computerised maintenance management (NAMS, ISO 55000)
- Water supply, wastewater and stormwater systems, operation and maintenance management systems (computer based systems)
- Risk management practices
- Emergency and incident response in water utility
- Budget management and value creation
- Project and contract management
- Ability to think strategically over longer term whole of network/whole of region goals to identify priorities, risks and dependencies
- Demonstrated strong experience in customer service and relationship management
What's in it for you?
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue as an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.