Assistant Engineer - Utilities
We are looking for an energetic and well-organised person to join the Infrastructure Services team at Grey District Council. This is a busy, varied, and exciting position. Your knowledge and capabilities will be used to their full potential to assist the Utilities Engineer Team Leader and from time to time other senior Infrastructure Services team members with the following key areas of responsibility:
- Drainage (Sewerage and Stormwater)
- Water Supplies, Solid Waste Management, Parks, Reserves and Cemeteries, Municipal Buildings, Greymouth Flood Scheme, Public Conveniences
- Assistance and response to Emergencies
- Assists the Contracts and Inspections Officer Utilities with radio and telecommunications
- Assist with the management of Water Services Maintenance Management and deterioration modelling systems and other utility paper and electronic management systems (e.g. database and spatial) relating to areas of responsibility.
This rewarding role is located on the beautiful West Coast, a location where you can achieve work life balance to its full potential. The Council will provide a great remuneration package and an excellent working environment.
To find out more, please review the position description and complete an application form at www.greydc.govt.nz/vacancies or contact the HR Team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications close: 5pm, 27 October 2021