Asset Renewals Operator Serviceperson
Looking to progress or start an interesting career in the 3 Waters industry, but with all the freedom to enjoy what the Taupō District has to offer? Taupō District Council is looking for an Asset Renewals Operator Serviceperson to join our team. We’re after someone who shares our commitment to our community’s health and the health of our environment and strives to help the team be the best we can be.
About the role:
In this hands-on role you’ll be a key member of the Asset Renewals team, helping to make sure our district’s Water & Wastewater Treatment plants operate effectively and plant assets are replaced or reconditioned to a high standard. This is a varied role but in a typical day you’ll be:
- Carrying out equipment reconditioning or replacement to ensure the Treatment plants operate continuously
- Performing Treatment plant operational duties which include: preventative and reactive maintenance, analysing plant data and adjusting operational parameters and laboratory testing.
- Servicing/maintaining/renewing equipment of the district’s public swimming pool in Mangakino, Turangi’s Turtle Pools and Taupo’s AC Baths
What can Taupō District Council offer you?
A work environment that welcomes diversity and encourages work-life balance. A role that is varied and provides extensive training with the opportunity to train towards the New Zealand Certificate in Drinking-Water Treatment and/or Wastewater Treatment with future opportunity to progress towards a New Zealand Diploma. Opportunities to attend 3 Waters Industry conferences and professional development courses. A strong focus on employee health, wellness and wellbeing offering annual health monitoring checks. This is not a labour-only role, this is a career where you can build on your existing skills and seek advancement in a progressive, forward-moving industry.
We’re looking for a teammate with experience in maintaining plant & machinery. It’s a bonus if you have a mechanical trade qualification or experience and/or a New Zealand Certificate in Drinking-water/Wastewater Treatment. If you don’t, are you willing to work towards achieving that? If so please apply because ultimately what we want is a great teammate with a great attitude and a willingness to learn.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have an excellent work ethic
- Take real pride in your work and the organisation you represent
- Be a willing learner, committed to growing professionally
- Prepared to go the extra mile for your customers and your team
- Strive for excellence with high performance the target
The successful candidate will become part of a nationally recognised award-winning team within the water industry. So, if you have what it takes to contribute to the success of this team and want to enter an industry with real career opportunities, then we would like to hear from you.
Applications close Sunday 7th November 2021. For more information and to apply, please visit taupo.govt.nz/careers
Applications Close: 7 November 2021