Team Leader Drainage
- Infrastructure and environmental sector
- Full-time, permanent
- Location, Lower Hutt
Who are we
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our councils - Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community and engineering consultants and contractors on projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where you come in
The Team Leader Drainage position sits within our Customer Operations Group (Alliance), who lead the operations and maintenance of the network on behalf of client councils and are the first point of contact in responding to client and customer requests.
As the Team Leader Drainage, you lead a team of Drainage crews who are the first point of contact on the ground, the face of Wellington Water! The team activities cover both reactive and planned maintenance works to better our community and water network.
The present arrangement is local functionality with water and drainage teams in each depot to respond to infrastructure failures within the geographical boundaries. You're also involved in regional functions such as CCTV, reinstatements, utilities and bulk pipelines, housed at specific depots but have responsibility and range across the region.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Experience in operations of drainage systems
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills that leads to strengthened capability in both what staff do and how they do
- A collaborative mindset - you will understand what it takes to bring people together to achieve results
- An understanding of the detail while focusing on the big picture.
- The ability to communicate and build strong relationships with stakeholders, so they feel well informed and have a high level of trust
- Knowledge of plant and equipment capabilities, with cost control experience
- New Zealand Certificate in Infrastructure Works (Pipeline Construction and Maintenance) (Level 4) with strands in Drinking Water or Stormwater/Wastewater, together with a full NZ class 1 licence
- An appropriate level 5 qualification or actively working towards one
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
This is the ideal role for someone who enjoys working in consultation with both internal and external stakeholders, has a strong customer focus and the ability to influence to ensure the best outcomes for the Wellington region.
What's in it for you?
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue being an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
To see the job description file please copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser's address bar: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v66EJFFz9so4uTAuf4PwAsj57OhzRmV6/view?usp=sharing
If you require additional information, please contact Tony Collins, Recruitment Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand. You will have a full driver's licence.
Applications close: 5pm, 4 November 2021