This award is to recognise an individual within the wider stormwater community that has made a significant contribution to the New Zealand stormwater industry.
The key attributes of a nomination that will be reviewed are:
- Contribution to industry leadership and advocacy that advances stormwater infrastructure and management within New Zealand.
- Demonstration of the ability to develop, articulate and implement changes in the stormwater industry.
- Contribution to the industry and displays a commitment to community or cross-sectoral outreach.
- Peer and wider recognition in relevant communities.
- Demonstration of high standards of ethical and personal behaviour.
The award is open to individuals who have made a notable impact on the New Zealand stormwater industry with a minimum of five years’ work or research experience, and over 31 years of age on the closing date of applications. The candidate does not have to be a Water New Zealand member.
Nominations will be assessed based on the following information:
- Cover letter (1 page) as evidence of achieving the key attributes listed above.
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages)
- Two supporting statements (500 words max each) written by peers of the candidate who work in the stormwater industry.
- Statement should reference back to the key attributes above.
- Ideally one statement from the employer of the candidate and the second statement could be from a colleague, a Water New Zealand board member, or client.
- Must include contact details of sponsors (phone and e-mail)
- Supporting documentation (optional) – may include articles, media, conferences presented and relevant websites. Limited to a maximum of six pages.
2022 nomination details will be available soon.
Stormwater Professional of Year Previous Winners
- 2022 - Nick Brown
- 2021 – Mike Hannah
- 2020 – Clare Feeney
- 2019 – Mark Pennington
- 2018 – Bronwyn Rhynd
- 2017 – Allan Leahy
- 2016 – Peter Mitchell