This award is to recognise the contribution that individuals and collaborative partners play in the stormwater industry. There will be a shortlist of 3-4 papers selected by the paper reviewers for this coming conference with the final review being undertaken by independent industry leaders.
The key attributes that will be reviewed for the short-listed papers are as follows:
- Presentation and professional standard
- Contribution to the industry with respect to innovation, relevance, transferability, and technical complexity
The winner will be announced at the Stormwater Conference Dinner 2022.
Stormwater Paper of Year previous winners
- 2022 - Guidance on New Zealand Fish Passage in High Gradient Engineered Channels based on computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling - Mark Groves, Mark Hansen, and Francesco Martin - WSP
- 2021 – Super-critical Considerations For Steep Stream Design – Laura Newman-Watt & Josh Irvine – WSP
- 2020 – Does your Retention meet your Intention – Mark Groves, Bodo Hellberg, Brendon Schicker and Warren Bird
- 2019 – Activating WSUD – Jonathan Moores, Sue Ira , Robin Simcock and Chris Batstone
- 2018 – Continuous Flow Simulation – Jahangir Islam, Nick Brown and Josh Irvine
- 2017 – TP108 – Where to from here? – Graham Levy
- 2016 – Planning for Exceedance in a Changing Climate – Mike Law