Asset Engineer Mechanical and Civil
Want to be involved in shaping your city? Here at the council we know our strength comes from our people, working together as one team to create results. When you join us, you're getting involved first hand, and contributing to crafting the Christchurch community. We're diverse and dynamic - there's always new and interesting projects to get stuck into, and we love creating opportunities for our people to get involved in it all.
Operating across all areas of the council via a shared service model, the Asset Engineer - Mechanical and Civil has responsibility for providing asset management services for Council owned Three Waters and Waste assets within the city and Banks Peninsula and the responsibility for maintaining the associated renewals programmes and associated specifications and standards. To succeed in this role you will hold a tertiary qualification in engineering (BEng) or equivalent in discipline and will be computer literate.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Experience working within the water and wastewater pumping and treatment sectors
- A track record and knowledge of mechanical equipment selection and civil structures design
- Knowledge and understanding of structures associated with water, wastewater and stormwater service provision found at facilities such as reservoirs, pumping stations and treatment plants
- Will be familiar with current regulations and associated standards
- Knowledge and experience with asset management practices would be an advantage
As an engineering professional you will be highly motivated with good communication and excellent interpersonal skills, enabling you to build strong relationships and handle the ambiguity of opposing ideas or views. A knowledge of local government would also be advantageous. Reporting to the Team Leader Water and Waste Asset Management team, this role will have a significant lasting impact on the City and people of Christchurch both now and in the future. If you are ambitious, and looking for a new challenge then apply now.
Applications close: 5 December 2021