- Do you thrive in a busy, team orientated environment?
- You will be involved in maintaining and renewing our utilities
- Silverstream Depot based
Who are we
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where do you come in
The Utilities Serviceperson position sits within the Utilities team who are responsible with maintaining and operating utilities assets. These consist of reservoirs, pump stations, pressure control valves, area meters and other small utilities sites.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and renew utilities assets across the three waters, including diagnosis and resolution of operational failures.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly skilled in the following:
- A mechanical trade is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- Electrical experience technician grade would be an advantage
- Experience and operational knowledge with mechanical plant within the water industry nice to have
- Team player and a proactive attitude
- Physically fit - able to perform heavy manual labour
- Able to descend through a manhole and climb down 5m as well as working at heights
In addition to the above you will hold a current full NZ driver's licence, you will enjoy taking on-board a range of responsibilities whilst looking for opportunities to add value and be prepared to be on call on a rotating roster and respond to after-hours call outs.
What's in it for you
It's an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to continue as an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils.
We will be reviewing and progressing applications as they're received, so don't delay - apply today by providing a cover letter, CV and answering a few questions about you and your experience for this role.
Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand. You will have a full driver's licence.
Applications close: No closing date