Senior Asset Planning Engineer
We are looking for Asset Planning Engineer to join us at a time of significant proposed growth in the district. Our recent successes cover a wide range of water and wastewater issues, supporting asset management and planning activities such as Compliance, Resilience, Operational Performance and business continuity planning. In light of this we are looking to recruit ambitious, aspiring engineers to support and lead our growing workload in our asset management team.
We are particularly interested in candidates interested in desktop-based data-driven asset reviews to lead and support: the prioritisation of improvements on treatment plants and trunk mains; region wide resilience assessments of the strategic drinking water network and associated pumping stations and treatment works; asset data-validation for using innovation as a key theme to deliver resilient and affordable services to customers, and benefit the environment; and performance and condition assessments of above ground water assets.
Our main vision is to be recognized for our excellence, so, beyond qualifications and experience, the key attributes we look for are the ability to solve problems, the ability to build constructive relationships and a desire to keep learning.
We will provide you with the right environment and opportunities to develop as an asset planning engineer and support your personal development.
This role will be responsible for the following activities:
- Delivering drinking water asset management projects
- Undertaking GIS and data analysis of drinking water network problems
- Preparing reports, business cases and presentations to a high level of accuracy
- Provide project and technical management support to senior engineers to help them deliver to programmes and budgets
- Assist in developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
Additionally, there is scope to assist with the following additional work areas:
- Hydraulic modelling
- Water engineering (feasibility through to detailed design) You will operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environmental and quality standards
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A degree in either an Engineering, Environmental or analytical Science subject
- We are looking for the candidates with a range of experience, from a minimum of five years to more extensive experience depending on salary expectations
- Ideally you will have experience working for a Council or water engineering consultancy
- You will have knowledge of water and wastewater treatment and reticulations networks
- You will have experience of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and GIS packages like Mapinfo, or ArcGIS
- We would expect the candidate to be keen to learn new skills and progress their chartership with a relevant professional body
- Your role will involve supporting and training more junior staff within the team and taking ownership of projects
- You will be reporting to a the Water and Wastewater Assets Manager and will be expected to be able to work under your own initiative
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Health and Safety at Work Act, the New Zealand Drinking Water Standards, and the Local Government Act
- Holder of a current and valid NZ driver's icence
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you'd like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Applications close: 12pm, 25 January 2022