BACKFLOW SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
Backflow protection ensures drinking water supplies are kept safe from contamination or pollution due to backflow, and as such, is an essential component of ensuring a safe drinking water supply.
The Water New Zealand Backflow Special Interest Group (SIG) advocates for industry best practice through education, conferences and forums, standards, legislation and guidelines. It is the single biggest pool of collective knowledge on backflow in New Zealand and represents all aspects of the backflow industry, including manufacturers, plumbers, training providers, water suppliers and building compliance officials.
The Water New Zealand Backflow Special Interest Group objectives are to;
- Assist in the definition and promotion of best industry practice for the management of backflow within New Zealand.
- Disseminate information related to backflow issues.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of backflow issues.
- Promote and undertake projects in areas of common need and interest.
- Assist and provide comment on national industry standards and policies.
- Promote lines of communication within all sectors of the backflow community.
- Promote education and public understanding of backflow issues.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Backflow Special Interest Group’s full Terms of Reference are here
To register your interest in joining the committee: Contact our Group’s co-ordinator Katrina Guy.
Chair: Paul van den Berg