Senior Engineer / Three Waters
• Flexible working practices
• Rural, outdoors lifestyle … from cycle trails to hiking, and cheese rolling
• Manage Water and Stormwater operations and networks
Are you experienced in managing water supply and stormwater networks, operations, and contracts? Can you trouble shoot, provide advice on water treatment issues and are you comfortable with the management of contractors and have a proactive approach? Maybe you’re looking for the next step in your career, or for greater work-life balance and purpose. South Waikato District Council might have just the thing you’re looking for. Join a great team who are focused on delivering quality solutions for the community.
You’ll find South Waikato a great choice for lifestyle, community, and family. Rolling green hills, unspoilt native forests, cycle trails and more. The main hub, Tokoroa is also an easy commute from Hamilton, Rotorua and Taupo which makes it a great choice whether you’re seeking a quieter, more rural environment, a greater sense of community or the chance to get out and enjoy everything the area has to offer.
• Supervise and manage the Council’s water and stormwater networks.
• Assist in the development of the annual business plan for the network’s maintenance programmes.
• Procure and administer maintenance and renewal contracts. This includes site visits and contract administration.
• Contribute to Asset Management Planning and long-term Infrastructure Strategy.
• Engage with the community and form collaborative working relationships within Council and with contractors, consultants, regulatory bodies.
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering, or NZCE/NZDE ideally in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience that includes engineering and or operations of three waters networks and contracts.
• Ideally have prior experience and knowledge of various water treatment systems and have the ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions.
• Strong communication skills.
• Organised and proactive with excellent planning and implementation ability.
We’re a small council that is big on people. We work hard to have the right people working with us and are committed to building their capabilities. If you’re moving to the region, South Waikato District Council can offer practical support and some financial assistance. This includes employer sponsorship for your visa application. We offer flexible working and a rewarding career where you can take initiative and ownership, enjoy day-to-day variety and be innovative.
Click Apply Now or to find out more, contact Fiona Clarke on 027 688 8837
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will assess applications as they are received.
South Waikato District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
firstname.lastname@example.org | excellence in technical recruitment | www.peakrecruitment.co.nz
Applications close: 24 August 2022