Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor
Type: Permanent (x1) Fixed Term 12 months (x1)
Hours: Full time
Location: Wellington (flexible on a case by case basis)
Business Group: Regulatory
Salary: $89,400 (85%) - $105,199 (100%) - $115,700 (110%)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Do you want to help build a new regulatory regime to improve drinking water, wastewater and stormwater across Aotearoa?
We have a new Act but there is still work to be done to build the regulatory regime and determine how our regulatory staff will operate in the field. In this role you will undertake policy analysis and advice to support the design and delivery of the Taumata Arowai regulatory policy programme. The role provides a unique opportunity to grow, change and influence policy design and development in a high profile, critically important area.
- lead and manage policy projects that seek to improve drinking water.
- develop policies, procedures, and guidelines to support the regulatory framework.
- work in collaboration with delivery and specialist colleagues across Taumata Arowai to ensure that the work programme is guided by data and insights and follows analysis and advice.
- maintain recognition of the importance of the relationship between te Tiriti o Waitangi and the work of Taumata Arowai.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for someone who:
- will bring significant experience operating at a senior level in a regulatory environment and has well developed policy analysis skills,
- be confident building relationships and be both innovative and practical,
- can take a strategic and long-term view to policy development,
- can demonstrate an ability to adopt innovative approaches to novel issues,
- has a demonstrated commitment to the principles of te Tiriti o Waitangi and works towards building their own capability in te Ao Māori.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
If you have any questions about the role, please contact our People and Culture team at email@example.com.
To apply please go to taumataarowai.govt.nz/about/jobs/
Rā Katinga | Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and advertising will close when a successful candidate is appointed.
You must have a legal right to work in New Zealand at the time of submitting your application.
Applications close: no closing date