The Modelling Group is involved in various events, such as regional meetings and conferences throughout the year.
The Modelling Group holds a number of regional events throughout the country each year. View the Water New Zealand events page to find the latest Modelling event in your region.
Past presentations from the regional meetings can be found here.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for regional meetings, please contact the Modelling Group Liaison.
The Modelling Symposium is held each year in March. Visit the Events Calendar to see when the next Symposium is scheduled for.
The 2021 was held virtually. A copy of the programme is available here and copies of the presentations are available below:
Day One - Wednesday 10 March
- Modelling sulphide in ICM to identify corrosion potential - Manu Ward, HAL Consulting
- Urban Stormwater Modelling Approach - Michael Arthur, Metis Consultants & Kirsten Henden, AWA
- NRC Region-Wide River flood model - Bertrand Salmi, Water Technology
- An assessment of hydrological models commonly used in NZ - Etienne Gil-Goldbrough, WSP
Day Two - Thursday 11 March
- ESSS Resilience Master Plan - Mark de Lange, WSP & Murray England, Selwyn District Council
- Spatial Patterns in HIRDS Rainfall Predictions - Cameron Oliver, Beca
- Consequence Assessment of Catastrophic Water Main Failures - Jane Hancock, GHD
- Cut-Down Flood Model as a tool in the initial design of a rail project - Jennyl Estil, Aurecon Group
- Model Resolution: Lower = faster but at what cost? - Haddon Smith, Beca
- The Toronto Basement Flooding Capacity Studies - Ali Paine, Stantec
- Improving Model Accuracy using "optical Bathymerty" Techniques - Matthew Gardner, Land River Sea
- Flood Modelling Efficiency with digital automation - Yanni Hooi, GHD