The Water New Zealand's Awards Programme plays an important role in promoting excellence and the contributions our members make not only to the industry, but also, to the community. The awards showcase outstanding achievements of individuals and organisations and promote the water sector as a desirable place to work through our young water professionals awards.
Important dates and info
The 2017/2018 Awards are open throughout the year and you can submit your entry at any time up until the closing date. Nominations details for specific awards can be found using the links below.
All awards are open to Water New Zealand members only.
2018 Award Finalists
The 2018 Award winners will be presented at the Water New Zealand Gala Dinner and Awards on Thursday, 20 September in Hamilton. Please ensure if you are nominating yourself, your colleague or your organisation, there is a representative attending the Gala Dinner.
The Current Awards Programme consists of the following awards:
Innovation and Excellence Awards
- Ronald Hicks Memorial Award
- Hynds Paper of the Year Award
- Hynds Presentation of the Year Award
- Poster of the Year
- IXOM Operations Prize
- Veolia Health and Safety Innovation Award
- Project Award
- Best Exhibition Stand
Young Water Professional Awards
- CH2M Beca Young Water Professional of the Year (nomination required)
- ProjectMax Young Author of the Year
- Opus Trainee of the Year (nomination required)
- YWP Conference Attendance Award