Water New Zealand's Awards Programme plays an important role in promoting excellence and the contributions our members make, not only to the industry, but also to the community. The awards showcase outstanding achievements of individuals and organisations, and promote the water sector as a desirable place to work through our young water professionals awards.
Important dates and info
Nominations for the 2020 award nominations have closed.
All awards are open to Water New Zealand members only unless otherwise stated.
The Current Awards Programme consists of the following awards:
Innovation and Excellence Awards
- Ronald Hicks Memorial Award sponsored by Mott MacDonald (nominations required)
- Hynds Paper of the Year Award
- Hynds Presentation of the Year Award
- Poster of the Year
- IXOM Operations Prize (nominations required)
- Site Safe Health and Safety Innovation Award (nominations required)
- Pipeline & Civil Project Award (nominations required)
- Best Exhibition Stand
Young Water Professional Awards
- Beca Young Water Professional of the Year (nomination required)
- TRILITY Young Author of the Year
- Water New Zealand Trainee of the Year (nomination required)
- 5S Society YWP Conference Attendance Prize (nominations required)
- Stantec Stormwater Professional of the Year
- Beca Young Stormwater Professional of the Year
- Water New Zealand Paper of the Year
- WSP Innovations Showcase Award