Tihei mauri ora!
Nau mai, haere mai, tahuti mai ki Heretaunga!
Heretaunga haukūnui, Heretaunga ararau, Heretaunga haaro te kaahu, Heretaunga takoto noa!
Welcome to Heretaunga, the area renowned for its rich and fertile landscape that is sustained by its life-giving dews and waterways. Welcome to Heretaunga, whose beauty is observed by the sharp eye of the harrier hawk; a landscape rich in history and with an esteemed legacy of caring and providing for its inhabitants.
Taitara Mahi –Wastewater Manager
As a Wastewater Manager, you will ensure the prudent management of Council’s wastewater assets and services to ensure Council standards and community outcomes are met.You will be responsible for maintaining service delivery as well as planning ahead for growth, climate change and sustainability of the wastewater network.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recognised industry qualifications such as NZCE, Asset Management Diploma
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the management of wastewater infrastructure
- Extensive management experience in either private or public sector
- Excellent numeracy, computer and organisational skills
- A hard working attitude
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Proven ability to work independently to budget and programme, use initiative to solve problems and be able to think ‘outside the box’ when necessary
Situated in the heart of Ngāti Kahungunu, the Hastings district and Hawke’s Bay offer an enjoyable environment in which to live, work and play.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey? If so, please visit https://hastingsdc.careercentre.net.nz for more information and to submit an application.
Applications close: 21 July 2019