E te tini, e te rahi – aro mai ki tēnei kaupapa
Things are happening in Masterton – both our population and economic productivity is growing at a faster rate than the New Zealand average. To support our booming town, the Masterton District Council has a lot on the go.
We have a portfolio of important, high-profile projects around the District spanning across all areas from community facilities to transport and the three waters. We’re creating a team that can support the organisation to successfully deliver these projects.
We have two full-time Project Manager roles which could be filled with a mix of full-time and/or part-time employees to total the full-time equivalent.
Reporting to the Project Delivery and Assets Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Deliver projects and contracts in an exemplary manner meeting Council, community and stakeholder expectations in terms of time, cost and quality
- Develop and maintain project management documentation across the lifecycle of projects, including developing business cases
- Report on all projects through the various stages of planning procurement and implementation including project closure reports
- Be the Council’s project management ‘subject matter expert’ and provide project management support and advice to other departments
In addition to to-notch communication and inter-personal skills, we’re looking for people with:
- A tertiary-level qualification in an engineering, construction, project management or related field and proven project management experience
- Experience successfully delivering large capital works projects
- Knowledge and experience in business planning
- Experience managing consultants
- Demonstrated success in customer relations and stakeholder engagement.
More information about the role can be found in the position description available at our website mstn.govt.nz
You can also contact Vicki McLachlan, People and Capability Manager for a confidential chat on 06 370 6300.
Check out mymasterton.co.nz and wairarapanz.com for 101 more reasons to be part of our journey.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us your application (CV and covering letter) specifically addressing your fit to the competencies we are looking for to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, Friday 7 February 2020.