Want to be involved in shaping your City? Here at the Council we know our strength comes from our people, working together as one team to create results. When you join us, you're getting involved first hand, and contributing to crafting the Christchurch community. We're diverse and dynamic - there's always new and interesting projects to get stuck into, and we love creating opportunities for our people to get involved in it all.
With the rebuild of our city resulting in changes with how we manage our drainage network, we have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and experienced Senior Technical Engineer to join our Three Waters and Waste unit.
Reporting to the Operations Team Leader (Land Drainage) and using your broad knowledge to work across the unit this key role will see you:
- Add technical input into the flooding and sea level rise programme
- Assist and add value to capital projects
- Manage the inspections and maintenance of flood protection assets
- Use your excellent communication skills to work closely with the public, community boards, and key stakeholders
- Identify potential projects, investigate their suitability and draw up a programme of work
- Use your experience to mentor and empower the team
- Help drive excellent contract performance through our service contracts
To be successful in this role you will be ready to get your hands dirty and discover the root of the drainage problems in our city. You will be the go to person with a wide scope of knowledge and the skills to make things happen in a large complex city. You will hold an engineering degree with extensive technical experience in engineering and operations to match. You will have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with the public and key stakeholders and provide support and advice in the case of a Civil Defence emergency.
If you are ready for a role which offers work / life balance and for your day to day driver being to get the best results for the city this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the satisfaction of helping respond to the needs of your community, and get involved.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://www.cccjobs.co.nz/home and enter the job code 17503WNZ.
Applications close Sunday, 1 September 2019.