Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
We are currently seeking an experienced Water Engineering Technician to support the efficient management of the Council’s contracted maintenance services for drinking water systems, and for monitoring, inspectorial/auditing, asset management and public application processes for drinking water.
The role has focus on compliance, contract management, and application of bylaws and implementation of Council’s strategic and operational documents.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) water or a similar relevant subject (or working towards); or
- NZCE/Dip Civil Eng/BEngTech; or
- National Certificate in Water Treatment (Level 4) and/or a minimum of 2 years operational experience with water treatment plants and/or water delivery systems including maintenance, fault finding and quality systems.
- Sufficient technical and operational competency to assist with resolving complex issues requiring integrated solutions for water activity.
- A high level of inter-personal skills in customer relations.
- A current motor vehicle full Driver’s Licence (manual & automatic).
Applicants will be highly motivated team players who are well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality outcomes.
Please contact Judith Robertson for further information.
Applications close: 10am, Wednesday 22 July 2020.
Apply Online www.gdc.govt.nz