Water & Wastewater Planning Engineer
- Lead the planning of long-term water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Enjoy the coastal environment, iconic walk and cycleways, and mountain playground that make Taranaki the place to live.
- Join a forward-thinking Council that’s leading the way with its integrated infrastructure planning.
New Plymouth District Council’s vision is to build a lifestyle capital by putting people first, caring for our place and supporting a prosperous community. Key to achieving this vision is having well-functioning infrastructure that meets the current and future requirements of the district. That’s where you come in! We’re looking for an experienced Engineer or Scientist to lead the planning of our long-term water and wastewater infrastructure. You’ll work closely with our internal teams and the community to ensure we invest in the right things at the right time.
- Prepare strategic plans for the long-term development of water and wastewater infrastructure that aligns with the direction set in the District Plan.
- Manage the delivery of infrastructure planning projects (e.g., network models, master plans, obtaining significant resource consents).
- Work closely with the operations and district planning teams and the community, including iwi, to identify and prioritise infrastructure development projects and to develop business cases for funding.
- Act as translator between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A relevant degree qualification in Engineering or Science and significant experience in the water and wastewater industry is a must.
- A strong technical understanding of three-waters infrastructure, particularly potable water supply, at a whole system level… able to ask the right questions!
- Enjoy working with others and have excellent communication skills, including a knack for communicating technical concepts in plain English.
- Able to lead technical delivery and manage project teams and consultants.
If you bring relevant experience and would enjoy the challenge of this role, we’d like to hear from you.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence. Closes Tuesday, 17 September 2019.
New Plymouth District Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position.
Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment. email@example.com | excellence in technical recruitment | www.peakrecruitment.co.nz