Are you passionate about all things Wastewater, and ready to provide leadership to an established team? Palmerston North City Council is seeking an experienced individual to coordinate and supervise the team, ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plant and associated pumping facilities.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has good communication skills
- Has a passion for process improvement
- Is well organised and has the ability to programme work, equipment and material resources and to manage staff to achieve objectives.
- Is able to lead and motivate a team.
- Is willing to work outside normal hours when needed.
- Adapts easily to a variety of situations.
- Has excellent customer service skills.
Your National Diploma in Wastewater Treatment, or similar qualification, together with your technical knowledge and substantial experience relating to the operation, process control and maintenance of treatment facilities will be of value. Your knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly health and safety legislation, codes of practice and other relevant information will ensure best practice and the safety of others is maintained. A full or restricted driver’s license is essential as participating in a duty roster system and attending after-hours call outs are required.
If you believe you have the right technical knowledge and experience relating to our treatment facilities and are keen to join our close-knit team, please apply today!
|Applications close: 11.00 pm, 25 August
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from all those suitably qualified for this position.
Please apply via our website (click here)